Update Conflict

Guest greatnw

Guest greatnw

Still learning, I've run smart with mde earlier and didn't have any real trouble.

This time I get the following conflict message.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

file /usr/lib/libksieve.la from install of libkdepim1-kmail-3.5.9-12mdv2008.1.i586 conflicts with file from package libkdepim2-common-3.5.9-9mdv2008.1.i586

file /usr/lib/libksieve.so.0.0.0 from install of libkdepim1-kmail-3.5.9-12mdv2008.1.i586 conflicts with file from package libkdepim2-common-3.5.9-9mdv2008.1.i586

Guest greatnw

Thanks,

I was simply upgrading the repos with MDE using smart (which I've done before with no problems under 2008.0).

You are correct in that smart was going to remove some packages during its first update.

I was confused. I've been using Mandriva for about a year and am running 2008.1.

I dual boot with xp but primarily use Mandriva.

Thanks agian.

libkdepim1-kmail-3.5.9-12mdv2008.1.i586 seems a package from the mde repos and libkdepim2-common-3.5.9-9mdv2008.1.i586 from main release. (I know because I just checked the repos)

I guess there is a bug somewhere in the packaging, easiest thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall the correct verion or leave like it is and wait untill mde fixes the package

or you could try to run smart fix