11 Myths About KDE 4

{BBI}Nexus{BBI}

There has been a bit of a dustup about KDE 4.0. A lot of opinions have been expressed, but I thought you might like to hear from KDE. So I wrote to them and asked if they'd be willing to explain their choices and answer the main complaints. They graciously agreed.

Nice post. Thanks for the article.

One question. Are you Groklaw, or just linking to (her, his, or their) article?

In other words, are you the one that wrote to KDE?

Nope, I'm just one of many ordinary KDE users. I just posted this because I too have seen many posts slating KDE4, instead of giving it a chance to flourish. :)

I've just seen why you asked that question:

There has been a bit of a dustup about KDE 4.0. A lot of opinions have been expressed, but I thought you might like to hear from KDE. So I wrote to them and asked if they'd be willing to explain their choices and answer the main complaints. They graciously agreed.
I took that excerp from the actual article. Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}

Nope, I'm just one of many ordinary KDE users. I just posted this because I too have seen many posts slating KDE4, instead of giving it a chance to flourish. :)

KDE4.2 or maybe only 4.3 will start rocking but at this stage it just plain sucks. (I have explained why before on this forum). And it's just me who thinks it sucks but many other people for exactly the same reason. KDE4 has potential but it needs the criticism to reach that potential.

Anne, the Mandriva engineering director has just started a poll on forum.mandriva.com.

Link: Default menu in KDE4 for 2009

Hi

We are working on default parameters for 2009 KDE4 environment. As a matter of fact one of the question is about KDE menu. We will keep both of them but we need to fix the default one in Mandriva profile.

Thanks for your answers

Maybe you would like to express your opinion. :)