Help with Drivers for Speedtouch 330 USB Modem

superphysics

@ ffi: Yes, the very same. But the part you are mentioning refers to the PPPoA section.

Note that the guide itself says:

"The Mandriva CDs don't come with the br2684ctl bridging utility so it's not possible to configure a PPPoE over ATM connection with the Mandriva Control Centre."

What I have is PPPoE.

I think this ISP has conspired against me in every way possible.

@ ffi: Yes, the very same. But the part you are mentioning refers to the PPPoA section.

Note that the guide itself says:

"The Mandriva CDs don't come with the br2684ctl bridging utility so it's not possible to configure a PPPoE over ATM connection with the Mandriva Control Centre."

are you sure? br2684ctl is a part of the linux-atm-2.5.0 package according to this:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/deve...009.0.i586.html

edit:

and looking a bit in the repos I even found that the speedtouch firmware is there.

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...07.0.noarch.rpm

are you sure it just doesn't work out of the box after running the network setup wizard?

Edited by ffi

@ ffi: Actually, it's quite interesting. I'm getting a 404 Not Found error on the link you've given. But that's besides the point. Truth be told, I'm not sure at all. But that's what the dear linux-usb guide says. Moreover, I just checked, the the linux-atm package is not installed on my system.

In the end, I think it's all coming down to installing a slew of files, one dependency after another, when I cannot connect to the internet at all. I do have access to Windows, but this mess is just getting too painful... I don't know what I should do.

maybe this repos or ftp's are of limit for you. iirc all firmwares are installed by default in mandriva one but of course none with the free edition

btw that guide is for 3 mdv releases ago (mdv 2007.0 we have had 2007.1 2008.0 and now 2008.1, mdv improved a lot since...)

Edited by ffi

@ ffi: Sorry, I didn't get what you meant in that last post...

(edit: I see what you mean. Ok, then I'll give it a go. Pulling up my socks and going on a download spree for all the packages from my Windows internet)

Oh, and I'm very grateful to you people for helping me out here.

Edited by superphysics

Ok, finally got the connection working. Had to settle for a very messy way: running the script. Had to download more tiny files than I've ever downloaded. Thanks to all those who helped me: it was a mixture of the advice from all of you.

Thanks!

@ ffi: French? Ummm...

Google Translations to the rescue...

Yeah, it is. It didn't work for me, though. The out-of-the-box support via Connection > DSL > Speedtouch failed miserably. The original reason for trying to find a workaround.