Free spider solitaire game

Guest turi

Guest turi

I'm using Mandrake 9.1. Anyone know of where I can find a spider solitaire game that will run on linux. If I get that, I can get my wife to switch to linux and we will have a pure linux environment at home. Help! :wink:

Thanks!

terry@timestorm: /home/terry

10:53:01 $ gaze what pysol

pysol:

PySol is an exciting collection of Solitaire card games. Its features

include support for lots of distinct games, very nice look and feel,

multiple cardsets and table tiles, sound and background music, unlimited

undo & redo, load & save games, player statistics and log files, hint

system, demo games, support for user written plug-ins, integrated HTML

help browser and lots of documentation.

Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game, Canfield,

FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, Scorpion, Spider, Yukon,

and many more...

PySol is written in 100% pure Python.

In a terminal, su, it should be there and will install after asking for the appropriate CD.

P.S.: don't let that "gaze what" confuse you, I'm using another distro. You'd use urpmf pysol, if I remember correctly.

Well, I followed your instructions, qnr, using the "urpmi pysol", and it gave me a continous error after it asked for the third cd. Not sure what it said since it was scrolling so fast. Something about filesystem, can't write.

In any case, I tried the other "urpmf pysol" upon reboot and that seemed to have worked. I didn't see any icons to start the game so I rebooted again and now when the gui should start (startx), the monitor flickers 3 times over 30 seconds and then it comes on with a dos gui type login prompt. Can't startx if I login. I didn;t write it down but I can if reuqested here, but the errors included, inconrrect font type and other pixel settings. Has this happened to anyone before? I was so confident that Linux was going to work for me. :(

Help!

Wow. Is linux awesome. Literally. Left me in awe. I re-install Linux and left my home partition intact. Upon reboot, everything, all setting, preferences were kept. Cool.

Here's one guy who isn't switching back ever to Microsoft, not just Windows.

As for your idea, Ixthusdan. Do I turn supermount back on after installation? And do I use "urpmi" or "urpmf"? I don't want to mess this up again!

Thanks.

Glad you've got things working again. Just a quick note before those with Mandrake specific knowledge show up.

- Don't fall into the Windows mentality where you think you have to reinstall to get things to work. That is almost never required in Linux. But don't worry about having done it just now.

- urpmf is a find command for rpms. It searches the database to find which RPM contains a particular file. -- so, you'd install with urpmi

- If I were running Mandrake, I'd turn supermount off completely. Too many problems seem to arise from it.

Edit: typo buster

Looks great. Game seems more versatile with the many other versions you can select from (compared to WindowsME). I did it this time through the RPM Mandrake installation way. I'm still new and will get used to doing things more the command line way. Thanks everyone. This was the first request I've made concerning linux ever. Better response than any of the other support groups out there. Glad to be part of the better community.