Found a bug in /etc/init.d/usb

Guest kempelen

Guest kempelen

But where can I report this nasty one?

The bug is in line 37 and causes the system never ever again boot if you remove the USB entry from /etc/modules.conf. The boot runs in an infinite loop, because line 37 wants to write to modules.conf while at this stage the filesystem is mounted read-only!

The boot does nothing else than says "error in this file in this line: file system is read-only" and runs this line continously.

If this is not the right place, please redirect me. :-)

I changed the usb entry in /etc/modules.conf and had the same thing happen, and repaired it with a rescue. I don't think I'd call that a bug though, it's just that usb is being told to load elsewhere and it needs that line, therefore you have to use some program or utility to change all the necessary files, so that the kernel doesn't try to load usb. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Guest kempelen

thanks, i reported. I did not see the bugzilla before, I am glad to see there is one!

I believe this is definately a bug, because the program could check if it has write permissions. No such change in a simple frequently edited config file should result in infinite loop at boot. :)

Ofcourse its up to MDK to decide :-)

Thanks for the comments!

Ferenc