mdk9.1 unreal tournamnet help

grendal

Yes, same result, I tried that after it wouldn't run as user. Last night I switched from KDE to Gnome and Tuxracer ran fine.Which desktop is better for gaming by the way? does it really matter?But I still couldn't run ut. I will reinstall tonight after work. Should I uninstall ut first (and how?) or reinstall over top of it (like you can do in windows).

Ok guys, I still need help.Over the weekend, I was able to find a new ut-install-436.run file and I was successful in disabling supermount. Once agian the install seemed smooth but in the end I received the same error. (should I uninstall, and how do you uninstall?) I did some digging around and decided to load all of my libsdl drivers since they mentioned open-gl support. Once agian Im using mandrake 9.1, I have a 1.53gig athalon, 256megs of ram, Nvidia 64meg gforce(Lastest Linux drivers installed and functioning). All I originally set out to do is show a friend that Linux could run ut just as well as Windows, but maybe not 9.1??

Is there something I maybe missing here? a driver, a file, a setting??? I'm a newbie with linux and so far its been a good experience, except for this. I thought about buying ut2k3 but now I wonder if it will run. thanks for the previous help any any other you can give me.