A couple of odd things are happening

synthecin

First of all, I don't really know what I'm doing.

That admitted.

I Tried to install Gnome over my KDE4

But I could not find task-Gnome for some reason in the manager, So I just sellected all. After what seemed like hours of downloading

I still didnt have Gnome. So I removed all the Gnome files with manager.

And gave up on it for a while. (I did later find Task=Gnome and installed it, and it seemed to work fine)

IN the meantime However, This is the odd part, My internet connection would sometimes dissappear. and The only way I had success in getting it back was buy unplugging the modem and plugging it back in again, and there it would be again. Just when I lose my Internet connection, I'm not quite sure. But it seems to be when I turn the computer off and restart it. I am not positive about this.

The other odd thing, is that about the same time I upgraded to Opera 9.51, Everyonce in a while I get this message saying that OperaPluginWarpper has Crashed. And I send the suggested Bug Report, But I'm not sure what it's talking about, because everyseems to work ok. (no Crash in other words)

As for Gnome, Looks good, Think I stick with KDE4 though.

But would like to solve that odd thing of losing the internet connection. And now that I've reported the Bug. I'd like that to go away to.

Thanks for any help

Nic

Edited by synthecin

Hmm, maybe the above was too convoluted, let me try to simpliify.

Internest access. (I have DSL)

On Starting up the Computer. Mandriva does not connect to the internet.

I need to physcally unplug the DSL cable (at which point I get a box saying Ethonet 1 is down)

Plug it back in (I then get a box saying Ethonet is up) And voila I have internet service again.

Why isn't Mandriva able to see and connect to the internet with boot up. Why do I have to to unplug tht cable and reinsert it.

PS. Turning the modem off and back on give me a connection to.

Thanks Nic

Have you tried going into mcc and re-configuring your internet to use the DSL connection? It's weird that you're not getting any signal when you boot up.

I assume you don't have the same issue in Windows?

When you boot up, press Esc (I think) to see the messages rather than watching the progress bar. Do you see a [Failed] message when it gets to Bringing up eth0?

I would try the mcc route first. If that doesn't work, and you do get that message, let us know and we can troubleshoot from there.