Problems in my gaming world

Well i have a serious problem, I installed a few of my fav open games : cubeassault, open arena, zypherMU and none of them will load they act like they are going to run, with the little hour glass spinning its butt off then it goes to nothing! any solutions?

[moved from Games by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Nobody can give you any solution without giving some more info. What version of Mandriva are you using? If you are using the Free edition then I think you need to install the video card driver.

What's your video card ?

Try starting the games in command line and copy the error messages they give here.

and its the new spring edition and yes its the free one just having problems figuring out how to install the newest drivers for a nVidia GeForce 6100 intergrated

[root@localhost louish]# wine Launch ZypherMU.EXE

wine: created the configuration directory '/root/.wine'

Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".

err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems

wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.

wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Launch.exe": Module not found

[root@localhost louish]# wine "C:\Program Files\Zhyper Networks\ZhyperMU Season 3 Episode 2\zhypermu full s3 ep2\ZhyperMU.EXE"

wine: cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Zhyper Networks\ZhyperMU Season 3 Episode 2\zhypermu full s3 ep2\ZhyperMU.EXE'

I would not recommend running normal, everyday programs as root.

But.

Have you added all of your urpmi sources? If not, see the easy urpmi link at the top of the page. Once they are all added, open a console, switch to root and type:

XFdrake

From there, choose your video card (just hit enter on the selection screen) and it will ask if you want to use the proprietary drivers, respond yes and everything will be installed for you. Then restart X (or reboot) and everything should be working in terms of the drivers.