GTK ipod management

ffi

I really don't get any of the ipod management programs, I have tried Exaile, Banshee, ipo, gtkpod, songbird and Rythmbox but it doesn't seem to be possible to just simply drag and drop some files on to the ipod, like Amarok (the only ipod management program I actually do get), I can only delete songs.

Is there a gtk program which can do that, without needing to set up a library or anything? Exaile looks like it can but the files are never copied to the ipod...

Amarok takes ages to load under gnome

Edited by ffi

Rhythmbox should do it. It works for me, though I don't use an iPod.

Note that if you're trying to transcode (convert from another format to a format supported by the iPod), you'll need the gstreamer encoding plugin for a format the iPod supports.

According to wiki, drag/drop is not likely to work:

Unlike many other MP3 players, simply copying audio or video files to the drive with a typical file management application will not allow iPod to properly access them. The user must use software that has been specifically designed to transfer media files to iPods, so that the files are playable and viewable.

And it doesn't do oggs either.

Well, Nautilus isn't Rhythmbox. You have to drag and drop *in Rhythmbox*. Run Rhythmbox, set up your library. You should then be able to drag any song from the library to the iPod *inside Rhythmbox* - it should show your iPod on the sidebar.