ut help!

MadHattr

ut has installed in a fashon but it has not decomressed the maps,

Q: UT appears to have installed properly, but the game keeps complaining about a missing 'Entry' and exiting!

A: Under some circumstances (such as using an unsupported CD), the maps are not uncompressed during the installation. The opening screen of Unreal Tournament is actually a map, called "Entry", which should be named usr/local/games/ut/Maps/Entry.unr if this file is missing, the installation was not successful and you should make sure that you are using the correct installer for your CD. If the file is present but is named Entry.unr.uz, it is still compressed. Since the maps were not shipped on the retail UT CD in a compressed format, you are either trying to use a GOTY CD (or one of the other, unsupported, Unreal Tournament releases) with the regular installer, or the uncompression step failed. If you have a number of .uz files in your /usr/local/games/ut/Maps/ directory, you will need to uncompress them after the installation. A description for doing so follows:

#!/bin/sh

# FILENAME: convert.sh

#

# Change this to YOUR install-dir of UT

#

INSTALLDIR=/usr/local/games/ut

cd $INSTALLDIR/System

for i in ../Maps/*.unr.uz

do

ucc decompress $i -nohomedir

done

mv *.unr ../Maps

cd ../Maps

for f in *.unr

do

rm $f.uz

done

echo "..:: Done! ::.."

stright from the lgfaq (just to keep Dolson happy) :oops:

that fix the problem for me

hope it helps

regards

Rickles

what installer should i be useing so it decompresses the maps i have the best of infogrames version it says its not supported in the lgfaq but i think dolson said it was? not sure but i still havent gotten it working that script for decompressing the maps sorta worked except ucc isnt instaled systemwide so it couldnt fine it ne ways it didnt work