Synchronising PDA with KDE

I'm new to Linux and Mandrake. I currently know that it is possible to synchronise my data between Palm and KDE applications. However I am considering purchasing a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox PDA. This is running MS Pocket PC 2002 software. Does anyone know if I could find something that would enable me to synchronise between this device - MS Outlook (at the Office) and KDE (at home)?

I don't simply purchase a Palm PDA again because there is no local distributor. :?:

there is a plugin for multisync which supports pocket pc - no idea how well it works. this will allow you to sync with at least evolution. I don't think there is any other solution for syncing pocket pc with linux - although I can't be sure

I am quite tempted to reinstall pocket pc (not 2002) on my ipaq (currently running linux/opie) and see if this plugin works. If I get a chance then I'll let you know how well the plugin works

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bry1128

I have a sharp zaurus and I've been trying to sync it with mandrake 9.1 kde. I haven't had much luck. I've done some searching and I've managed to find open zaurus, but it really doesn't address syncing issues. Does anyone know of any good syncing zaurus with linux sites?

Guest Page 6

Qtopia products and downloads

On this page you will find products and downloads that will enable you to work with Qtopia, either for profit (the commercial SDK), or under the terms of the GPL. You can also download Qtopia Desktop.

That's the blurb from their page.

There are source (tarball) and RPM versions. I downloaded and installed the source version, and it works fine.

http://www.trolltech.com/download/qtopia/index.html

Guest bry1128

I downloaded qt, now I'm searching for the dependent libs. If I update my urpmi will it download these for me?

I looked at kitchen sync too. It looks like I may need both of these?

Thanks for the point in the right direction!

IMHO - I think that either kitchensync or multisync will, in the long run, be better products than qtopiadesktop

Qtopiadesktop is not really a brilliant option IMHO, the other two are developing nicely and should be very good options in the near future

• 2 weeks later...

Have succesfully synchronised my pocket pc with evolution today only coment is that daylight saving is not taken into account so my calendars are an hour out from each other - hopefully should be fixed soon - I've let the developer know. Of course this may not affect you.

I had opie/familiar on it for ages. Multisync was definately the best way of synchronising it.

I'm sticking with pocket pc for now for a couple of reasons:

1) couldn't get a bible for opie

2) syncronisation is better from pocket pc (which seems incredible to me - especially as pocket pc syncing is not documented)

um... that's probably about it. I do miss having loads of free apps though...

If I could get a bible for opie (ESV) and when the syncing improves - I may well move back - but for now...

Edit: I should point out that for all mutlisync plugins (i.e. opie or pocket pc - ok so that's not all of them) you need to install from CVS to get any kind of decent syncing

you could always write one ;-)

there are some for qpe, that might work in opie. ipkgfind.handhelds.org search for bible, there are some sword-based tools, a little old, but they might work...

Already looked at the sword stuff - the problem is that you can't get many texts for them. They, unfortunately, seem to be trying to get publishers to release their texts for free. I'd be happy to pay for a bible to run with my sword software - but I don't have that option. So - no bible :(