Opera 9.5

KenJackson

You start typing, and the quick search opens at the bottom of the page. You can enable or disable it. I think it's disabled by default, but it's as simple as going into Options/Preferences/Advanced/General and then enabling it.
I always thought this was enabled by default. You just have to type a slash "\" and then type the word you're looking for. F3 to find the next match, shift-F3 to find the previous one.

I did think that Opera had a cool zoom function which scaled the images as well (changing the text size in Firefox just changes the text size but leaves the images as they are), but I can't find a link right now.

And no, I don't think anyone here is preaching or evangelizing, we're just discussing features + and -.

Firefox also has this. You start typing, and the quick search opens at the bottom of the page. You can enable or disable it. I think it's disabled by default, but it's as simple as going into Options/Preferences/Advanced/General and then enabling it.

Or just pres Ctrl+f.

From other posts I read the speed of Opera depends on which widget set it is using. Qt3 or Qt4. If it's true what people say then the Qt4 version is faster and is using less resources.

When I tried Opera I was just curious. In earlier versions it had problems with playing Flash and videos. In this version it's all working. At least for now.

The one thing I like with Opera is that when Flash player crashes the browser doesn't crash with it unlike with my Firefox. It's very annoying.

I was just curious if I missed something. I know that this is not about evangelism and that no one is pushing Opera down my throat. Thus: Everybody please relax. :)

I installed Opera in order to test it for a few weeks. We will see how it performs.

BTW: Safari is also not spectacular, despite Apple propagating it. (Yes, I have tested Safari).

Yeah, I know that CTRL-F always existed, but I also noticed that you can just start typing without adding any additional characters and it will know what you're trying to do if you've not selected a box within the page to type into first :)

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the opera:config screen and noticed margin settings there. I set the bottom margin to 1 which was the lowest number it would accept (it would not accept 0) and this did not resolve the footer printing issue.

If there is a file that controls the location of the headers and footers on a page, this file needs to be modified as the footers are obviously printing too far down on the page and any margin settings will not correct this.