MDK9.0 asking for non-exisitng CD (cdrom4)

Guest kempelen

Guest kempelen

Hi!

I have burnt and installed MDK9.0 the 700MB ISO files (the third was 650) (upgraded from 8.2!) Now sometimes the RPMDRAKE asks me to

"Please insert Disk 3 of Mandrake Linux 9.0 (cdrom4)"

And when I insert cd3 (there is no CD4?!?) then the program is not satisfied and still asking me to do so. Neither disk1 or disk2 helps.

Software causing this problem includes: httrack, *ungif* (a program to create gif anims, I forgot its name)

How can I fix this? Or where is that magical cdriom4? Do I have "httrack" in MDK9 or not? :-)

Maybe I should remove all software sources and add the 3 CD again? I think I will try this, but then there is a bug in UPGRADE stuff.

Thanks

You did say you upgraded from 8.2 right? Not clean install?

I think the urpmi database is not converted completely from Mandrake 8.2 (4 CD RPMs directory) to 9.0 (only 3). You can try removing all the cd sources and add them up again using urpmi.addmedia. Or you can do a rpm --rebuilddb. If worse comes to worst, you can basically backup everything important and clean install 9.0 from scratch. It won't take that long to install 9.0 anyway (took me one hour including downloading and installing the updates). I guess that's one of the reason why the version number changes to a .0 release.

Guest kempelen

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

Yep, ok, I deleted all (there were SEVEN!) CD sources and added the three 9.0 CDs again. How can I make sure that I added all available files? Is adding /mnt/cdrom as removable media enough? I do not want to reinstall, I was so happy that the upgrade process went so fine and I had almost all old programs upgraded! (no another 3-5 weeks to get every program I use installed :-)

Actually I do not anymore see "httrack" in the list!!!:-) Too bad. This probably means that 8.2 included it, and 9.0 does not. Is there any list of included packages, and what was removed and added in 9.0? An online package database or something like that.

Thanks

Ferenc Veres

Guest kempelen

What a strange flag you've! :-)

Wow, I did not know that such a thing exists as "contrib" dir. Where can I get some more info? I mainly wonder if this is updated regularly or I can burn a CD and forget this dir. Also I wonder if this packaging is done my MDK staff or outsiders. Or maybe these are some stuff which I would have on 8CD set so packaged by MDK staff and offered as another more "gift"?

Thats all :-)

And many thanks for the answers. I've learnt more about MDK in the past 2 days than in the past 1 year (being mdk lover since 8.1, but never used anything else than the install CDs :-)

Ferenc

Mandrake makes the compilation and some of the packages. They are usually packaged with the PowerPack as a CD or downloaded either as an ISO or as individual packages people select from the list. You can find it on most mirrors. You can burn a CD if you decide you want this. In the PowerPack, the sources are also supplied as a separate CD. Look over the list and see if you want anything you see there and if there is enough, it may be easier to burn the iso.

Counterspy