bizarre urpmi/add package problem with cdrom

oRGy

Hey all

I just added the servers and contribs etc of PLF to my urmpi, all configured correctly, and decided to install the plf rpms of mplayer, so I did a "urpmi mplayer", and it sucessfully listed the rpms that needed to be installed.

When I started to install, it asked me for cdrom1 of the 9.1 distro, on /dev/hdc, and ejects the cd. The correct cd is in the drive. Whats going on?

I am perplexed. Previously urpmi worked without a hitch :/

I've had that problem before, and it is related to supergoof-- I mean supermount. Turn it off, and mount your devices the ol' fashioned way.

I just disabled supermount in my /etc/fstab.

I changed this:

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

to this:

/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto user,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0

Come to think of it, I also edited /etc/fstab by hand, and shut off supermount on the command line. I killed the critter, and it never came back!! :mystismiles:

Yeah quite aside from the Cd oddities I was horribly perplexed by the delayed writes to floppies.

While setting up the NW with internet access I kept copying bits a bobs to floppies and then getting a mysterious empty floppy at the other end.

It was wierd bacuase I could say open a pdf file from /mnt/floppy but it wasn't really there it was cached. When I was more patient I waited, a long time and heard it actually write to the floppy.

Turning off supermount solved this....

Also had problems with umounting supermounted NFS volumes....