Mnk 9.1 Netscape Bookmarks - Port to KDE Mozilla

Guest esage

Guest esage

In my Mnk 9.1 ... I am using Mozilla. I have the Bookmarks file from Netscape 7.01 on floppy. How can I port these over into [and replace] those in Mozilla? Pls give me step-wise if you can as I'm really new in Linux, and coming off about 9 years in Windows.

What about porting the address book? Can that be done?

:screwy:

Question one seems like it should not be a problem.

Click on "bookmarks" and then "manage bookmarks"

In window that opens click "tools" and "import"

That should basically do it.

As for the address books... I am not sure. Haven't gotten around to importing my (window's) contacts. Tried this a while ago and nothing would work. It may be possible these days plus Netscape and Mozilla are very similiar and probally share the same format.

Oh, and welcome neighbor... me from PA too :)

When it asks you for the location of the bookmarks.html filw, then just choose:

/mnt/floppy/wherever they are

Of course, you'll have to mount the floppy first. Put the floppy in the drive, open a console and dp this (anything inside [ brackets ] are comments or actions and you don't actually type them):

su [hit enter]

[type in your root password...you won't see yourself typing anything, it is hidden)] [hit enter]

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

Guest esage

Thanks for all the help! I got the bookmarks in via floppy and they work fine in Netscape 7.01 on Mnk 9.1.

Now I need to conquer copying a CD!

:lol:

Well done! :)

How'd it go with the address book, I still haven't gave it a go myself... got other problems to attend to.

For CD burning/copies, may I recommend K3b? Rund the setup first, and then run the app. Its pretty straight forward stuff and does the same job for me as Nero does on windows.

I find that eroaster is very nero like. at least if you are used to using the wizards it is. while eroaster isn't made up of wizards, the different tabs for different burning projects is

Guest esage

Scoopy: I skipped any attempt to import my Netscape Addresses and just went to entering them. I didnt have too many, and thought I'd just start over. I'm happy with Netscape...just ordered the new 7.1 version for Linux. :D