Mnk 9.1 Missing Screensavers in KDE

Guest esage

Guest esage

Installed 9.1 with no problems. However, when I go: StartApplications>ConfigureKDE>Look&Feel>Screensaver there is *no* list.

Note: If I click on 'Default' in Screen Saver the KDE Ctrl Center crashes.

When I use Gnome, the screensavers are all there in the list and they work fine.

How do I fix this problem? Thanks.

:cry:

First thing you might try would be to open a terminal (konsole), su to root and type urpmi kdeartwork to see if you have that package installed. If not install it and see if that fixes your problem.

And welcome to the forum! :)

Guest esage

I tried the kdeartwork w/o success. Maybe this will help. I think it's going to the wrong place, but I don't know how to fix it. The screensavers pics [e.g., 10.png] are in usr/share/mdk/screensavers/xx.png.

Question I guess is how do I get the KDE to go to the right place? Or should I say 'call' the right place. Sorry, I still think Windows. :cry:

I don't believe Gnome and KDE share their screensavers. The one you referenced is in the same place here and is the default mandrake screensaver that uses changing random blueish pictures.

My other screensavers that KDE can use I think are in "file:/usr/share/xscreensaver". You may want to install "xscreensaver" to get what your looking for.

Guest esage

Scoopy: Based on your tip that Kde & Gnome use different files, I see that the usr/share/mdk/screensavers/xx.png are for KDE. So I'm left with the same problem..oh well, can't win 'em all! Thanks for your help. This newbie appreciates it. :)