My computer just crapped out, so I bought...

hugerobot

...this

I'm hoping that when I put my stuff in it, it will just work. Wishful thinking...

I have no idea what's wrong with my computer. It wont turn on at all. I think its the power supply. But it might be much worse. I hope the hard drive is ok.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty nice upgrade. I also got 512mb DDR333 RAM to go in it.

So I went from a AMD XP 1700 with 256mb PC133 RAM to AMD XP 2600 with 512mb DDR333 RAM and a much faster motherboard/fsb, and a SWEET looking case.

I can't really afford it right now, but I definitely cant afford to be without my home pc!

Hey, I just put my computer into that case about 4 months ago. It is really cool! I turn the lights off just for ambiance!!!!! :lol:

It's a good upgrade for $224 bucks. :wink:

I have no idea. I have a UPS power supply thats fully charged, everything else plugged into it is on and working fine. I just checked my email on that computer last night before I went to bed, and I woke up this morning and sat down in front of it, and it was off. I was surprised because I never turn it off, and the UPS alarm didn't sound in the middle of the night, but I wasn't too concerned until I hit the power button and it didn't turn on. I took it apart and looked it over, and everything looks fine. I have tried new power cords, different outlets, and everything I can think of. The power supply looks fine, all the wires look in tact.

It's just dead. :(

I'm not interested in troubleshooting it any more than I have. I've already bought replacement stuff. I just hope my hard drive is ok.

Bought a brand new Antec case (for work...building a computer from components), top of the line...ran 2 days when the power supply burned up, got it replaced no hassles...electronics do pass the QC tests but then fail in the field.

Mine just shut down...no damage to the components though...I think you'll be okay as well.

I would also check that oversized watch battery on the mobo before tossing it. Also note... (not sure what to call it) but there has to be a switch or something between the power button and the power supply on the mobo, which would signal to turn it on. This could have blown... whatever it is. I just trashed one of these recently after trying everything (including new power supply) to get it to run.

You mean the battery that powers the clock? I don't know how that would matter. I guess I could try it.

As for the wires from the on/off switch to the board, and the board to the power supply, everything is snug and connected. I've had it all apart, and back together. Nothing.

I really think if I got another power supply it would work fine. I just used it as an opportunity to upgrade a bit!

Guest JaseP

Sounds like what happened to me.

It's probably a power supply problem.

The problem with power supply issues is that they usually take out something else when they die. Mine took out 2 hard drives and possibly the rest of the system...

I have yet to have the system looked at for warranty related issues.

I just bought another one and it works great.