Easy-Urpmi [solved]

Hi,

I am trying to add various applications ie. K9copy ,dvdshrink etc but having tried Easy-Urpmi previously I have resorted to adding them manually but still keep hitting problems.

Every time I attempt to run Easy-Urpmi to add plf-free and non free to my sources, all i get is :

bad <url> (for local directory, the path must be absolute)

Even running the command in a root shell

urpmi.addmedia --distrib --mirrorlist 'http://plf.zarb.org/mirrors/2008.1.i586.list'

I get an error

Unknown option: mirrorlist

Any ideas.

I am running kernel 2.6.22.18-server-1mdv.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I think you are using 2008.0 not 2008.1 since mirrorlist is a new feature in 2008.1 and you are running a 2.6.22 kernel and not a 2.6.24. First upgrade or reinstall (back up important stuff first) or use 2008.0 repos

Edited by ffi

I think you are using 2008.0 not 2008.1 since mirrorlist is a new feature in 2008.1 and you are running a 2.6.22 kernel and not a 2.6.24. First upgrade or reinstall (back up important stuff first) or use 2008.0 repos

I have managed to install K9copy after updating my sources with Smart-Urpmi

urpmi.addmedia --update plf-free_release ftp://plf.lastdot.org/plf/2008.1/free/release/binary/i586/ with media_info/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia --update plf-nonfree_release ftp://plf.lastdot.org/plf/2008.1/non-free/release/binary/i586/ with media_info/hdlist.cz

All now seems to be okay.

I will look into updating to 2.6.24, depending on benefits.

What benefits/ fixes are you aware of?

All now seems to be okay.
Maybe it seems to be okay but you might be making problems for yourself later. Generally it's a bad idea to use 2008.1 repositories with a 2008.0 system. With the PLF stuff it may be less of a problem, but it's something you should be aware of.

In the case of k9copy, it's also available in the 2008.0 repositories so you could use it from there - I don't know about dvdshrink though.