no sound in firefox [solved]

Mr Pockets151

How do I run firefox from the command line?

Do you know how to open a terminal screen? In KDE this is called Konsole

From Konsole, type the path and then firefox. My firefox is installed in /opt/firefox/ so I would type

/opt/firefox/firefox

Edited by daniewicz

From Konsole, type the path and then firefox. My firefox is installed in /opt/firefox/ so I would type

/opt/firefox/firefox

In my Mandriva 2008.1 KDE all I have to do (in Konsole) is write "firefox" and it'll start. So without the path to the programme.

I would suggest that you install the 'latest' version of the flash-player-plugin using the package from the PLF repos, and make sure you have installed the libflashsupport and libalsa-plugins-pulseaudio packages from the Mandriva repos. Then try to watch something on youtube again.

If you still have no sound, check for errors in your Firefox browser at > tools > error console > errors. You may have to disable pulseaudio from draksound, some users are having problems with it on their systems.

I should have all the plugins, I followed this website PERFECT MANDRIVA DESKTOP.

When I run firefox from the Konsole I get PULSEAUDIO unable to connect: Connection refused.

I assume that's the problem. Also when I just tryed to enter Pulseaudio console from the MENU/SOUND & VIDEO/ i aslo get a connection error.

Edited by Mr Pockets151

Do you have sould with PulseAudio disabled?

I couldn't get into the pulseaudio console. But I resolved this problem. I did a clean install from the Live CD. It might have been the updates or the various things I added. My sound works in firefox and youtube plays fine agian. Don't know what it could have been. I'm being asked for updates now. Hope it doesn't disable anything.... :unsure:

Edited by Mr Pockets151

• 2 weeks later...