Real Player [solved]

Abinash

I have download the rpm package of real player from Real player

But it is showing this message when i am trying to install.

</home/abinash/Desktop/RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm';echo RESULT=$?

error: Failed dependencies:

lsb >= 3.1 is needed by RealPlayer-11.0.0.4028-20080225.i586

RESULT=1

Can someone please tell me what to do???

Or do Alt & F2, type mcc, press enter, input your root password. Go to the Install and Remove Software section (make sure you select All and not Packages with GUI in the top left drop-down box), now type: lsb in the search box and check what version you have installed (if any). If it is lower than 3.1 then install the 3.1 version.

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}

</home/abinash/Desktop/RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm';echo RESULT=$?

error: Failed dependencies:

lsb >= 3.1 is needed by RealPlayer-11.0.0.4028-20080225.i586

RESULT=1

As has been said you need to install the lsb package. First if you haven't added the Mandriva official repositories then add them as per instructions here: http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Basic_tas...tions_available

While you are at it, enable both the non-free and the non-free updates repositories. Next open the Mandriva Control Centre>software management>install & remove software. If you are running 2008.1 then change Packages with GUI (in the top left hand corner) to All. Now search for and install the lsb package. Then try installing realplayer again.

Or should i use this instead of real player???????????

https://player.helixcommunity.org/Image:2005/downloads

Real player is based on the Helix player but it can't play real media e.g. .rm .ram files. Read here: https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/unix...lixrealfaq.html

Mplayer works for me and it is in the plf repositories so no bother with installation.

Mplayer is not in plf, it's actually in main.

Edited by medo3891

Mplayer is not in plf, it's actually in main.

It's actually in both. There is an mplayer in the Mandriva repos. However it is a slightly crippled version, compiled without all the features available in the PLF mplayer.

If you install the mplayer from the PLF repos, along with the real-codecs and the win32-codecs, you will be able to play almost any video, including RealMedia (rm).

Or do Alt & F2, type mcc, press enter, input your root password. Go to the Install and Remove Software section (make sure you select All and not Packages with GUI in the top left drop-down box), now type: lsb in the search box and check what version you have installed (if any). If it is lower than 3.1 then install the 3.1 version.

Thankx This procedure worked for me.

I have successfully installed real player :thumbs: