Petition for a native port of half-life / half-life 2

HJ

Guest c_m_f

i heard that Trent Razor had left, so they decided to remake all of teh sounds again???

Tasty if he hasn't though!

Any idea if it will shp with a linux installer, like ut2003?

i heard that Trent Razor had left, so they decided to remake all of teh sounds again???  

Tasty if he hasn't though!

Any idea if it will shp with a linux installer, like ut2003?

My guess is no. It depends on if TTimo has any trouble porting it and such. I hope he could get it done in time, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

They'll probably just release a downloadable binary as they have in the past.

(Yet another reason I'll get it from TuxGames. They'll ensure I can install it and run it on Linux with no need for Wine or Windows.)

TTimo ?

Anyway - didn't mean to misquote Reznor, all he had said was they're trying their hardest to make it the most unpleasant place to be. Someone else (Carmack?) said they keep adding the cool stuff...

I don't think Reznor left, he probably just finished the soundtrack and went on his [merry??] way. He wasn't involved with sound effects or anything. They have a new guy devoted to sound (first time in id's history they have a guy just for sound) because it's in 6.1 surround!! <drool>

Guest ryfrazzle

signed it _

also sent to /.

go get your wife, friends and dead uncle to sign it.

How many signatures will we need to get Valve to listen to us?

Guest c_m_f

Well the number of petitions has passed the 2,500 mark now :D we're on our way!

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

We have passed the 2,500 confirmed votes mark. Thanks to everyone who has signed the petition to date.

I understand that some people are having problems signing the petition. This is a known bug in the software we are using and is currently being worked on. Another news post will be made when this has been fixed. Please be patient.

How many votes people thik it will take to make valve atleast listen, and possibly port?

I assume you mean Trent Reznor, of NIN fame. I hope he hasn't, as he's an amazing musical artist...(well, when he wants to be atleast...which is most of the time :) )