Petition for a native port of half-life / half-life 2

HJ

Actually Counter-Strike native port is much appreciated.

Well technically if Half-Life was ported so would Counter-Strike, since it is a HL mod. But to hold you over from any CS urges, try this cool Quake3 mod. www.truecombat.com

I've played it the past few days and it's pretty fun.

Guest fubar::chi
SEven if you don't care about Half-Life (2), at least do it to give linux another game; NATIVE linux game that is...

http://cgi.riblet.plus.com/

Don't care about half life 2? How could you say that? it's sacrilege! I saw screenshots of the graphics and read about the gameplay engine. HL2 is going to be sick. I hope that it's ported though or else I just won't buy it though.

signed it.

Ohh can't wait for Doom 3, when is it roughly due, anyone?
Late this year. Notice my signiture? Go forth and read any available interviews. It'll make you drool. Trent Reznor (NIN) said they keep pushing back the date because of new ideas / methods to make it the least pleasant place to be :D

signed it.

Ohh can't wait for Doom 3, when is it roughly due, anyone?

Tuxgames has it listed as the 31st of Oct 03, I would give it an extra month or more.

Yeah, if Trent Reznor says they're pushing it back, then they could keep pushing it back further than that. I'm going to order my copy from TuxGames when it's released so I'm sure to 1) count as a Linux sale 2) support my friend Michael and 3) get it in a DVD case. :)