LM9 raid fuss

rsutherland

Has anyone tried raid 1, mirror, in LM9.0? I have used this with little fuss on 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2. But now I am having lots of problems. I was trying to set this up at work but now, with beer in hand, I am wondering if supermount is involved. I find enters in /etc/fstab and icons on the desktop that don't make much sense. Is anyone else having problems or better luck?

OK after it set over night I think supermount or something gave up trying to add the new drives to /etc/fstab. Possibly Maxtor had formatted them with (FAT?) which supermount seems to have the sweets for. After I formatted them as something else supermount may have got the idea and left them alone. Whatever the case making raid went much more normally. One other question if anyone knows, I looked around but did not find the size of EIDE disk LM9.0 kernel is able to support?

Supermount is indeed screwed up. Disable it with supermount -i disable from the command prompt. I don't know where you might find the answer to the largest ide drive question, but you could start with the Mandrake documentation in the main menu on your desktop. Next I would try MandrakeExpert or the newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake.

Counterspy