can't turn off laptop on mandriva 2008

Guest cage77

Guest cage77

Hi all,

is anybody to help me?-I have problem with turn off laptop ASUS A9RP on Mandriva2008-it means -Im using KDE and X11 i picked up on button to turnoff computer in KDE under standard user and system is going to turn off -everithing is running well (the disk was unmounted,sytem halted ...)but curor is blinking and is impossible to turn off automatically-only with power button on laptop;-(

IS ANYBODY HELP ME with this issue? - thanks a lot for helping....

Cage77

When the machine is shutting down press ESC so we can see what the last piece of information is on screen. We need a little more information, so pressing ESC to get the splash screen out of the way should help us with where it is failing. If no information on the screen, then check /var/log/messages next time you start your machine and see if anything is logged in there as to why shut down failed.

Hey brother.

A possible idea. I have an older motherboard in my computer (big box but still) since it is older it doesn't use acpi which is default on in Mandriva. Instead I have to load the apm module and use acpi=off on boot. This way the system uses apm for power management issues, such as poweroff. maybe this is your issue too.

Guest cage77

Cage47,

its good Idea from U -I need to practise it-I did setup during instalation boot: linux acpi=off ,but Im not sure if it is working during to starting now....

If it will be working (I hope)-U have a drafted beer Pilsner in pub from me..;-)

I remind..-in mandriva2006 what I used before-it was working and is true ,that I manually wrote into start boot command acpi=off .

Edited by cage77