Audacity won't start

satelliteuser083

What about starting it via the konsole, and seeing any messages/info there. (You probably already done that but . . .)

The only audacity stuff I can find after just a quick look, is the .audacity-data folder in your home directory, which among other things contains a .cfg file, which may not have been created for you if you didn't get far into the start up., and /usr/share/audacity

No, I hadn't thought of trying the konsole approach :wall: , so I did, and got the following:

[lawrence@localhost ~]$ audacity
/home/lawrence/.gtkrc-2.0:56: Clearlooks configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
/home/lawrence/.gtkrc-2.0:57: Clearlooks configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
/home/lawrence/.gtkrc-2.0:58: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:42: Invalid symbolic color 'fg_color'
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:42: error: invalid identifier `fg_color', expected valid identifier
cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)
jackd: wait for startup process exit failed
Expression 'ioctl( stream->capture->fd, SNDCTL_DSP_SETDUPLEX, 0 )' failed in 'src/hostapi/oss/pa_unix_oss.c', line: 1115
Expression 'PaOssStream_Configure( stream, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inLatency, &outLatency )' failed in 'src/hostapi/oss/pa_unix_oss.c', line: 1228
Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/oss/pa_unix_oss.c', line: 1044
audacity: src/hostapi/oss/pa_unix_oss.c:1122: PaOssStream_Configure: Assertion `component->hostChannelCount > 0' failed.
Aborted

However, I also get (up to and including) "jackd: wait for startup process exit failed" on my Thinkpad-T42 and Audacity starts on that, so I assume that the problem lies somewhere in the remaining messages. Sadly, these mean absolutely nothing to me; any further tips? Thanks.