problem with compiz

Guest thiru

Guest thiru

Hello there I've a problem with compiz fusion...I've enabled the animation plugin and altered some of the animations but cannot see them .... i could not figure out why...How do I enable those...Also some other plugins like the water,blur even after enabled I cant see the effect.Ive checked the short cut keys the are fine and enabled...PLZ HELP

Hi thiru, couple possibilities. Firslty, make sure you restart X if you find the plugins aren't enabled yet. Usually you don't need to, but I've found on several occasions particular plugins wouldn't work until I restarted the X server. Seemingly no rhyme or reason to it, I think this may be a bug in Compiz-Fusion.

Otherwise, some plugins require a certain class of graphics card. For instance, I can't run the water plugin on my computer because my graphics card isn't powerful enough, while I can run most other plugins. This also may have something to do with some of your problems. Other than that, browse through the wiki entry above. Cheers!