I found an old tv tuner card

ramfree17

this usually works for me
modprobe bttv

modprobe btaudio

modprobe tuner

or something along those lines. You'll know it's working when you here static from the line-in sound (you have to turn the line-involume up to hear it btw). that is, of course, assuming you have the audio plugged in to the line-in thingy in your sound card.

holy crap, i hear some static from the card. zapping you say? let me see what i can scrounge up.

sheesh al you got my hope pumping again. too bad i am again facing a 3-day " no computer" status. :(

anyway, did you get it to be detected in your mdk system? what /dev entry did it correspond toi?

thanks guys, ill post the results when i get back to tinkering with this on sunday.

ciao!

ok, tinkered this before i need to leave.

it now works (xawtv and zapping). :headbang:

now all i have to figure out is how to make things stick in the configuration file (man xawtvrc here i come) and some triviial things.

hey fubar, does your display come in full color? some channels that i get are almost black and white even if i tried adjusting the contrasts/color/hue/... aside from that, im happy and now i only have one more reason to boot to windows again. :#:

ciao!

• 4 years later...