KDE 3.1.2 and mdk 9.1

fahd

I did not see kde 3.1.2 for mdk 9.1 at kde ftp server (/pub/kde/stable/3.1.2/. I have bought mdk9.1 power pack for about 82 us $. I have heard that I can download or get kde 3.1.2 for mdk from mandrake club. It means I should pay once again a lot of us dollars. Is it fair? I have already mentioned that the Management of Mandrake is very weak. More care SHOULD BE TAKEN in this field. Thank You.

To be fair they could only include one version of KDE with the distro, and never mind which version that was a week later there was always going to be a new one. Mandrake offer a subscription service which includes KDE updates, you don't have to join it and there are free alternatives. MandrakeSoft are a business and they have to make money.

If you do a search in everything linux and off-topic, you will find numerous discussions concerning mandrake business policy. As far as mandrake, they have given us permission to use their logo, and that is the extent of official mandrake suppoet here. :roll:

Since there is no software technical question here, I'm moving this thread to everything linux. You will get some more responses there. :wink:

Has anyone tried downloading those RPMs from Texstar? I clicked on several of the links and get a black (not blank) page and real players comes up and shows that it's connecting but nothing happens. I was wondering if Texstar planned on keeping us entertained while we're downloading except nothing happens! :lol:

mysti: somehow you associated RPM files with your realplayer plugin. whatever browser your using, check the file associations.

also, you can always right click and "save as"

It works for me too in Mozilla but not in Opera. I'm going to have to mess around and see if a MIME type is incorrectly associated with something or what's going on. Just what I needed when I'm re-compiling wine for the zillionth time! :twisted:

Edited to add - sorry tyme you were posting at the same time I was.

Downloaded and installed tex files. Haven't found the improvements yet, although I've been hanging in gentoo for a while. And I didn't pay any extra to get 'em. Thank you, texstar!