Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack + UPnP?

MagnusB

I installed Powerpack on my desktop, and everything flows just nicely at the moment, but I notice that when I have that desktop running, my PS3 detects it as an media server, and allows me to browse some of the folders (most of them called gconf).

I know that the PS3 use UPnP, but I didn't know that Powerpack came with this "pre installed", but if it does, I want to use it. Anyone have any idea what this is? And how I can configure it?

I know of Mediatomb, but I was more curious about the Mandriva 2008.1 mediaserver that is discovered when my desktop is online..

I don't think I understand what you're getting at. Are you concerned that your PS3 was able to detect, connect to, and browse your desktop when you didn't configure your desktop to be a mediaserver? Have you looked into the MCC and checked the FW settings or any other network setting?

I haven't done anything, installed Mandriva 2008.1, then I noticed that my PS3 finds the desktop as a Mediaserver, wondering what it is, and how to configure it. I think this is limited to Powerpack though, as one never had this "issue".

I was hoping anyone knew what this was, and if it is a Mediaserver I want to use it, but I want to change the shared folders, as the current ones seems like configuration folders.

It probably detects the Pulse audioserver as a media server.

That makes sense, as lists gconfd-root, gconfd-magnus, pulse-magnus & .esd500 as folders. Well, better take a look at mediatomb again, or maybe I'll see if my license of Twonky still works..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest 123456789

Hi Egbert,

I am not sure if you have the same issue I had but "python /usr/bin/coherence ..." (a DLNA/UPnP MediaServer ) was running on my machine which was showing up on my xbox360 as mandriva 2008.1.

I disabled it via drakconf

# drakconf

(authenticate as root if required)

System->"Manage system services by enabling or disabling them"

uncheck "On boot" and hit "Stop" for coherence

Hope this helps

Guest 123456789

Thanks for the note about Elisa. I checked on my server and it was installed but not running. Strange as I do not recall specifically selecting it for installation, perhaps I installed something else that had it as a prerequisite.

• 9 months later...
Guest rsreign

I haven't done anything, installed Mandriva 2008.1, again I noticed that my PS3 finds the desktop as a Mediaserver, apprehensive what it is, and how to configure it. I anticipate this is bound to Powerpack though, as one never had this "issue".

I was acquisitive anyone knew what this was, and if it is a Mediaserver I wish to use it, but I wish to change the aggregate folders, as the accepted ones seems like agreement folders.