Mplayer

Guest ump

Just installed mplayer on 9.1 along withb the plugin to allow playing from inside browser.

I had this installed and working in 9.0

But it does not work in 9.1 I installed from Texstar

I do not get any noticable errors it come up loading mplayer then it goes to a black box where the trailer should be and nothing ever plays.

Anyone got any ideas?

Did you install these rpms?

mplayer

mplayer-gui

mplayer-skins

mplayerplugin

... plus probally a few other depends that mandrake's installer took care of.

I installed the rc4 version off the 9.1 download disks and it works fine... even plays QT files.

Nope as I was trying to watch movie trailers from within Mozilla but I have used it to play movie clips I have downloaded and they play fine the problem seems to be just from within Mozilla. I will try that to see if I notice anything.

how long do you wait? usually it takes a good while for a trailer to download, esp. on slower connections. the movie won't start to play until a certain percentage of it is downloaded.

In my case, it actually have to download the entire clip / movies/ sound byte in entirety before it starts to play. At that time, the cpu usage will go to 100% until it finish downloading. Another problem is that if you press play again to replay the clip, it will restart the whole procedure (downloading until it finishes, then playing).

I guess that's the limitation of the plugin or the mplayer, so if it does nothing, just wait until it finish downloading. At least there will be no pauses or skipping this way.

I don't have a play button from within Mozilla I simply click on the trailer I want to watch a box appears and goes black then nothing. In MDK 9.0 I did the samr thing but the box appeared then the clip statrted playing. I have no way of knowing how much of it is downloaded as I don't have a progress bar. As far as a slow connection this is not an issue as I have cabel and getting speeds of 1 to 5 Mbs down. I have tried watching trailers in both Quick format and windows format same thing happens.

Tried luanching from console (mozilla) and clicked on the trailers still I get nothing but a black screen I have waited plenty of time still I get nothing in 9.0 I clicked and a few seconds later boom trailer started

Could someone please goto a site that has movis trailers click one one and see if yours works I normally goto the apple quicktime site.

Thanks

I tried this and clicked on a link. This opened a pop-up like window with a grey box in it where the trailer began playing after about 1 minute (1mb+ cable connection).

I would try uninstalling all these packages and then reinstall the version from your install cd's. Then add plf's win32 codecs rpm. Worth a shot maybe? Sometimes I think other rpm's just don't cover all the possible bases they should.

Thanks snoopy

I have installed both from cd and from PLF both do the same thing I have now tried to play a clip I have downloaded and it locks Mplayer up so now I am really confused no errors just a lock up I a lost this worked just fime in 9.0