No Multi-display on Matrox G200 on 2008.1

PenguinPete

I have 2008.1 installed but can only get a display on one monitor at a time, not both. Should it "just work" or do I need to go tweaking to get both displays to work. I'm not really bothered whether it is in clone mode or two separate monitors (one will be for the projector, one for a monitor).

I have downloaded the only drivers on Matrox website for this card and tried installing it but get "ERROR: The X server drivers included in this installation package do not support the current version of your X server".

• 2 months later...

I've now tried a Matrox G400 AGP and that only works on one monitor even though the configuration recognises it as a dual head and I set up monitors for both heads.

Has anyone got either a G200 or G400 working in dual head mode under Mandriva?

What dual head cards have people got working as I might buy a different card if I know it'll work?

I've never owned a dual head card, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. If you post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file here, perhaps someone that uses a dual head card will see it and help you out.

I'll take a look at it and maybe see something simple to fix.