SBLive and Geforce 3

Guest Graeme43

Guest Graeme43

Ok, i re-downloaded my Redhat 9 disk, its what im on just now :D

I DO get sound, but id like to disable my onboard properly, because windows and Linux picks it up :x

And how do i play Mp3 in redhat? :shock:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best mp3 player (in my opinion) is XMMS

as for that onboard sound, i have no idea why it's being picked up when you have it disabled in the BIOS.

what did you do with that jumper? on my system, i left the jumper the way it was, and just disabled sound in the BIOS....

The version of xmms that ships with RH9 has been crippled by RH, for the most part. I tried to play mp3's I've downloaded of the net and it pops up a message that certain codecs have been removed from xmms because of copyrights bla bla...sorry for the inconvenience. You can either try some of the kde apps on the cd's, download xmms of the net, or use synaptic to get it from the net.

Guest Graeme43

i use KDE as its faster ( so i heard ) and looks nicer :D

everything thats installed wont play Mp3's here, and i searched googlle for synaptic and found nothing but Synaptic Soup :shock:

Guest Graeme43

Does anyone know what im doing wrong to disable the onboard sound? :shock:

It gets installed by linux and windows picks it.

And Redhat 9 doesnt play audio CD's too good as well :shock:

Sorry, but I have not been able to get the .pdf file out of chaintech's taiwan websight. I need to look at it in order to tell you what I think you need to do. I have an award bios where I must turn off or disable three items on two different screens in order to defeat the on-board ac97 audio chip. My board is jumperless, except for clearing cmos and setting the ddr ram base frequency. I have to disable the on-board audio, the soundblaster emulation, and the game port. Otherwise, mandrake sees the chip. I wanted to look at the manual and see the bios screens to give you explicit instruction, or find out that I'm wrong!

Guest Graeme43

i went to a screen that had onboard modem, audio and something else...

i turned them all do disabled as i have a cable modem right next to me, so i dont need onboard modem ( its not even in my machine, just my mb supports it )

do you think i could be able to get the .pdf? :)

Guest Graeme43

I get sound in redhat because during the first boot wizard thing it lets me choose which i want to use, but mandrake doesnt, that is how, and id MUCH prefer to use Mandrake, im using redhat till i get a way to disable onboard sound