Mandrakeusers mirrors Penguin Liberation Front

Guest anon

Guest anon

If you know what PLF stuff is, you can now get it from our d-load site. Enjoy.

If your new to Mandrake, there are files and apps which for legal reasons are NOT included in the MDK Distro. This actually makes those packages illegal in countries where those laws apply, including the USA :twisted:

PLF is a packaging project dedicated to hosting software that can't be included in Mandrake-Linux.

Mandrakeusers.com and Mandrakeusers.org are hosted in the UK and NZ so we don't have to obey those stupid laws.

If you want some of those goodies, (Athlon as well ) you can get them from our d-load site (link at top of this page) . If you want to know more about PLF go here: http://plf.zarb.org/

EDIT

Some of the apps need files from the Contrib folder, so add Contrib to your source list.

anon, can't access ftp right now, I need to find an alternative proxy server at work ;-) that I can redirect, seems they've either changed the proxy or the port. UGGHG

Anyway, is this the ISO or just the RPM's ??

I tried several with 9.0 and ended up in DEP_HELL on DVDRIP.

Guest anon

Just the RPMs.

Some of the apps need files from the Contrib folder, so add Contrib to your source list, and you won't be in DEP-HELL :wink:

Guest anon

That server ftp://213.232.94.69/pub/PLF/ belongs to me, but is in a remote location. Clicking on the above link works perfectly. Using a ftp client in Linux or windows also works. I can access it it through SSH (22) ftp (21) HTTP(80) and even SFTP .

aru, port 21 is open.

Scoopy, i can also connect to PCLinuxonline. (though it was down earlier)

Whats going on?????

Tried it again..with conqueror instead of mozilla, no luck...

tried gftp, no luck...here's the ouput of gftp:

Kan geen verbinding met dp-5003.uk2net.com maken: Connection refused

translated: Cannot connect to dp-5003.uk2net.com: Connection refused

I am able to connect to port 21. I used both Kbear and gFTP and no problems at all. Tried it 12 hrs ago and it worked too, albeit slow. Wonder if there is a limit to number of connections at work here that is causing timeouts/no connection for some?

btw: to get in I used plain old mandrakeusers.com and NOT ftp.mandrakeusers.com but not sure if that made a difference.