Trouble with 2008 Spring taskbar

MagnusB

I just installed Mandriva on my desktop and was surprised to see ALL my hardware was supported out of the box, all other distributions I have tried so far have had issues with at least one of the components. But when I was trying to configure KDE to my liking, I got stomped at the taskbar. Default is to show all windows from all desktops, but I just want windows from current desktop. I have changed this setting a million times on other distributions, but I can't for the life of me find it this time around. Anyone out there who could give me a push in the right direction?

[moved from Software by Greg2]

Right-click on your taskbar (panel) > Configure panel > Taskbar > untick 'show windows from all desktops'

Welcome to the board! :)

Hey.

Thanks for help and the welcome (and sorry for the wrong forum). This is how I am used to do this, but I can't find that option when I open Configure.

184795.jpeg

Hopefully it is not me being stupid and it was there all along, but I really can't find this option..

Thanks, I'll be looking my self, I was just a bit puzzled, because I have done this several times, just had to make sure I wasn't going blind or something.. But I am glad this is the *only* issue I have with Mandriva 2008.1 post installation, and I have tried MANY distributions on this computer and ALL had some major issue post installation. Sorry for my rambling, I'm just so pleased I got a distribution working the way I wanted it (almost) out of the box :D

Yeah, I've seen that, but one of the reasons I went for Mandriva was that it did not use KDE4, I don't think KDE4 is ready for average Joe right now..

As for the issue at hand, I'll look some more, but this is really just a minor annoyance, all the important things works (and works well).

OK, after some brilliant debugging on my part, I have deduced that this is caused by Compiz. I deactivated Compiz, restarted X, and logged in, was able to change the settings then. So I re enabled Compiz, restarted X, problem is back. I'll look through CCSM to see if I can change it there. Anyone have a general idea on where to look?

I have deduced that this is caused by Compiz.

It would have helped us to know that you were using Compiz. :rolleyes:

Here's a solution to your problem: forum.compiz-fusion.org

It suggest using this taskbar-compiz: kde-apps.org

Please note that you will have to compile it. Let us know if you need any help with that. :)

Sorry, didn't think it mattered. Anyway, I found another work around with this: Open CCSM, and general options. Select desktop size tab and make sure you set it to 1 horizontal and 1 vertical, then you just adjust "Number of desktops" you want. The only drawback I can see is that you will loose the desktop cube..