A good C IDE.

in a that way, yes,

in a "Could u tell what ide's are for C and which is the best suited for newbies" this way, not.

For newbies, I would definitely recommend emacs - without all the ide components. Either that or a text editor like gedit, kate, jEdit, etc. The last thing I would recommend for a newbie would be a full IDE.

An IDE does too much for the beginner and they do not learn the language properly. All a newbie really needs is something that can do text highlighting. They need to learn how to use gcc properly and how to create the code themselves.

Plus, if computer science is the goal, the learning emacs is a must.

Guest daimoni

yep. learning emacs is a big plus.

anjuta is quite easy ide, my favourite.. everyone of us probably have our own favourite ide/editor/game... just try which one suits best for you. fighting "this rocks! no, this rocks more!" is quite useless :)

Hehe, +1 for emacs...

Actually, learn both. When you sit down at a computer, you never know which editor is going to be installed. The more you know, the better off you will be and the more employable you are.

right, and if you are on a minimal system there will NOT be an emacs.

vim or gvim for me.

If I want to do some coding, I don't want to be distracted by the "features" of my editor.

That's exactly the reason why beginners shouldn't use IDEs, no matter what language.