anybody successful in compiling wine cvs for the past week?

hi,

since may 26,2003 my cvs wine is not working anymore because of being unavaile to get a handle or something (sorry im at work but ill post the exact error later). its even doing that for minesweeper! being the stupid newbie that i am, i have erased the working cvs rpm that i have so im up the creek without a paddle. :(

just asking if this is just me or a common problem. its probabaly me because it has been a week now and still the problem occurs. :(

ciao!

looks at posters, forget i asked :roll: :razz:

and what is that supposed to mean? :unsure:

:mystilol:

wine is something that they say works better if optimized for your system. the other one that i was running from cvs was mplayer. i am using wine because scape talked me into boycotting winex and since i dont play games much anyway so why bother with winex? :)

i was once satisfied with running the daily build rpm from wine.dataparty.no but then the download is killing me. the srpms is a little better but i cant figure out how to configure it easily and it compiles the whole project, not to mention the download itself. to make the story short, cvs is more efficient for me since my download isnt that large to become updated and compiling takes less time (generally).

ciao!

done, the wineX compilation and testings went fine.

I know, it isnt wine, is winex, and I'm on my Slackware, not Mandrake

I'm using wine because of DOlson's et Afrosheen's winex thread on the Ancient Board, since then I've been updating the cvs tree w/o problems. Maybe one day I'll move back to *real* wine.

done, the wineX compilation and testings went fine.

I know, it isnt wine, is winex, and I'm on my Slackware, not Mandrake

might not be related garu. im using the wine cvs so its either the problem is there or the problem is the person typing this message. :evil:

ciao!