install gcc from mandrive CD

Guest anurag saxena

Guest anurag saxena

hi all,

i have installed mandriva one CD linux. but it does not have gcc. also my network card is not detected (so no net .. ). for that i was compiling a driver ... but no gcc :(

so is gcc thr in the mandriva one CD?? and if thr how to install it?

TIA

I don't believe it is, ( and if you can't access the Net on the PC you are talking about because of your network card problem, the following will be no good to you) :sad:

but if you have a good connection and or downloading stuff is no problem for you, you can set up your software repositories/sources by going to Easyurpmi, and following the 3 steps there.

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

you will also find a link up the top right there ^^

Once you have you repo's set up, you can search MCC/Software Management/Install and Remove Software for gcc, and install it.

Edited by aphelion

Guest anurag saxena

yeah .. that is the problem ... but from the repository if i download and then install .... what all do i need to download (to satisfy dependencies) ??

TIA

If you use MCC/urpmi, the dependencies will be taken care of for you, but I assume you mean if you manually download gcc, and try like that, then you will have to chase the dependencies yourself I guess, which will be neither enjoyable (unless your a masochist ) or recommended, but not impossible. You will just have to find out what the dependencies are, and install them. How? well, you may be able to find a list in the documentation, or you could just get them one by one as they are reported to you, again, not enjoyable, nor recommended, however perhaps not impossible, I have done similar in the past.

Is there a reason you are using the One version, as apposed to the Free DVD, or CD sets ?, they would contain what you want I believe.

Anyway, other more knowledgeable people may have a better idea for you, just wait a little while and see if anyone bites :)

Edited by aphelion

Sorry, I should have read your first post more clearly, then I would have realised that you have no net connection. Things might be easier for you if you try to solve the problems with your network card first.

Do you know what network controller you have? If not try this at the command line:

lspci | grep ethernet