Problem setting up wheel mouse

galapogos

Mandrake 9.1 was released the very same day the Great Pyramid was finished. Please consider upgrading... if not to the latest stable release, then to something based at a 2.6.X kernel, which has much better support for USB devices.

Edited by scarecrow

:lol2:

A newer version of Mandriva is a good suggestion.

The guy has explained in his other post that he has specific requirements for Mandrake 9.1.

galapogos, an IBM USB wheel mouse worked for me under Mandrake 9.2, I think I was using using the protocol "IMPS" or "ExplorerPS/2", I don't remember now. However, the mouse only worked if X was started with the mouse connected, It never worked when I was just plugging it into a USB port after X had started. Try restarting X (or the computer) with the mouse connected.

Mandrake 9.1 was released the very same day the Great Pyramid was finished. Please consider upgrading... if not to the latest stable release, then to something based at a 2.6.X kernel, which has much better support for USB devices.

WinXP had a good USB support even then :lol2::jester::devil:

Well,

I have 2008.0 but the harddrake defaults to the Generic PS2 mouse, too. The weel does scroll the text, but ctrl+wheel (zooming) in Firefox and Openoffice doesn't work. That'e pretty annoying, actually, especially in OO Draw. There's no way to change the mouse type in MCC.

I suspect that's a glitch of 2008, because my 2006 and the new RC2 do not have that problem. I tried copying 2006's mouse sections from xorg.conf, but that didn't help.