Show off your desktop April 2008

mystified

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mandriva 2008.1 one

Jaraeez, Mind my asking.. did you get weather from KDE-Look.org (14.8 version)?? I tried that, but it required PyQT?? I am using 2008.1 as well as yours... is it 3.5.9 you are using??

Also, is your networking (download and upload) showing activities?? Mine is dead, might need to edit it??

Thanks!

Edited by dmzeplin

Yes, it's the Avant and it sits under "Tools - More" (AWN manager and Avant Window Navigator). I have installed it and ran it from Tools - More.

I know its a wrong place, but i use PCLos, and avant isn't on any of my menus. I checked at "/usr/bin" and found the "awn-manager" script but it gives me errors while trying to run and nothing happens. Going now to PCLos forum for a quire...

Edited by ilia_kr

Jaraeez, Mind my asking.. did you get weather from KDE-Look.org (14.8 version)?? I tried that, but it required PyQT?? I am using 2008.1 as well as yours... is it 3.5.9 you are using??

Also, is your networking (download and upload) showing activities?? Mine is dead, might need to edit it??

Thanks!

HI,

Liquid Weather from http://liquidweather.net & the version is 14.8 as you stated. Can't remember now but I do believe it requires PyQT which you can obviously download first. Finally yes the networking shows both upload & download speed - you'll problably need to open the skz file in kwrite & maybe change the interface (eth0, wlan0, wlan1 etc) to your choice..

hth

HI,

Liquid Weather from http://liquidweather.net & the version is 14.8 as you stated. Can't remember now but I do believe it requires PyQT which you can obviously download first. Finally yes the networking shows both upload & download speed - you'll problably need to open the skz file in kwrite & maybe change the interface (eth0, wlan0, wlan1 etc) to your choice..

hth

Thanks, Yes, it needs PyQT to get it running... what is the minimum or latest version is it?? I saw one at PyQt-3.12-1mdk...

EDIT: I found the PyQT minimum 3.13 version to work with Liquid Weather... Thanks..

Edited by dmzeplin