Encouraging news for Mandriva?

yossarian

According to the Times site, Intel is going to release the low-cost laptop classmate PC in the West. In most countries, the classmate is distributed with Mandriva,

It's good to see Mandriva at last looking interrested in that type of project. I already run Mandriva Cooker on my £ 200 Eee asus laptop and it works a treat. PCLinuxOS have a better project (eeepclinuxos) for the small computers using a squashfs which gives you a full file system with the usual software (openoffice, firefox, compiz-fusion, gimp etc...) fitting on 700MB. Out of the 4GB of ssd it leaves you with loads of space for your files...

Stef

MSI is issuing a somewhat more advanced/expensive version of Asus' eee PC... fully Linux compatible.

It sounds great, but I will not get one. I still have three MSI mainboards gone south i my wannabe trashbin- all failed badly within 2,5 years of purchase, and they are all that I have ever bought from MSI...