kshowmail

coverup

Someone on this forum suggested kshowmail for email previewing. I intalled a beta rpm from MDK 8.2 powerpack CDs, but for some reason, it does not poll my POP3 account. I also tried to compile the source for KDE2.2.2, does not work either (I had some developer packages missing, installed them, but not sure whether I used a correct version...). I am certain, this is not a problem on the mailserver. I compiled kshowmail from the source on another box for KDE1.1, it works perfectly with my POP3 account... Ok then, I downloaded another KDE2.2 rpm from sourceforge, tried to install it, but ran into a dependency problem: the RPM is packaged for SUSE and requires libpng.so.2; MDK 8.2 uses libpng.so.3.

Did anybody have similar experience? Where can I find *working* kshowmail rpm?

MDK offers libpng.so.2 to club members only, I can't get it from them (Hello there in Mandrake, I bought for my Powerpack less than a year ago, BTW...)

I did... As I wrote in the first post, kshowmail-2.0-0.i386.rpm from sourceforge seems to be packaged for SuSe and doesn't install on my MDK8.2 system because rpm cannot find libpng.so.2. libpng.so.2 for MDK8.2 is available to club members only.

I got sources from sourceforge as well, compiled them and still have the same problem, kshowmail cannot login to the server... :cry:

This is for 8.1, but should work for 8.2 It provides libpng.so.2

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandrake/upd....2mdk.i586.html

I used kshowmail in Mandrake 8.2 with no problems. Also, the kshowmail I pointed you to is v2.2.3, which is the version I used in MDK 8.2, not v2.0

http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/...il-2.2.3.tar.gz

If you can't or don't want to compile, the rpm on your 8.2 CD should work fine after you install libpng2.

Thanks, I got and installed libpng.so.2, but that was only success...

I've tried kshowmail-2.2.3 beta rpm from the CD again. It showed clock and was trying hard to login to the server, but that was it until I killed it.

Also, I have compiled kshowmail-2.2.3.tar.gz from the source again. Still nothing, except for the popup message "Cannot login to <server name>".I ran it from the terminal, this line might help to shed the light:

KShowMailApp::slotUIDLsResult: KIO::error

Also, while running ./configure, I got this warning

autoconf 2.50 is currently not supported at admin/conf.change.pl line 94, <> line 793.