konqueror ftp gone haywire [solved]

Mitchell

Hi people, major issue here with konqueror. Am starting to think it's probably somehting really simple, and that makes it even more frustrating. I've been using konqueror to log into my ftp account on my siteground server. While not the best ftp client, it IS able to copy and paste files, which for some reason isn't supported in Filezilla, the main ftp client I use. Anyway, has worked fine up until, today. Usually I enter my site details, and am asked for a username and password. Then I am logged in as the main user, and can see all my files. Now when I go to my site I'm no longer asked for a password, and am automatically logged in as an anonymous user, only able to see my "pub" files. Filezilla logs in perfectly, all my files are still there, but I can't cpoy anything within my server... need to make a backup of an extensive list of files and directories, which I really don't want to donwload to my computer, then upload again. Anyone able to shed some light on this? Thanks!

~Mitchell

Edited by Mitchell

Did you try "ftp://mitchell@my_server" instead of plain "ftp://my_server" ?

Problem solved. Thanks Scarecrow. No idea why I've suddenly needed to do that, perhaps it's something at my server end that's changed. Was also able to get into my file manager through siteground's cpanel, and found it much easier to begin with. Sorted now. Thanks.

~Mitchell