Firewall setup with free chat & voice comm server

Guest ricardohf

Guest ricardohf

Dear friends,

I am a network system administrator and I use Kernel 2.6 and iptables as a firewall and NAT. My company decided to install a Windows application called CYF (CALL YOU FREE) in all the desktops of the customer support and sales department. CALL YOU FREE is a communications application to answer incoming webcalls and chat contacts from our company’s website and we are using its freeware version.

The issue is that when I tested the application with my computer connected directly to the internet (public IP) it works fine. But when I connected my computer in a private IP behind the NAT I cannot even login to the system.

I conclude that there must be a firewall problem, so I opened all ports in the firewall and it works fine.

I would like to know how I can find out what port(s) does the application try to access. It seems to be an Asterisk based application using IAX protocol so I tried opening port 4569 but nothing happened.

I would appreciate your help because I really don’t know how to find out what port should I open, unless I try one by one, or it may use yet more than one port.

Thanks,

Ricardo Houssef.

I've never heard of this program, and google didn't return any useful results. I would contact the software vendor and see if they can provide this information, or see if there's anything in your firewall logs that would help. It may also be that it won't work through NAT :unsure:

(Welcome to the board, and sorry my answer isn't more helpful)

Edited by tyme

how is it that i couldn't find that website? :wall:

I guess cyf.com would have been a good place to start when a google for "call you free" didn't return worthwhile results... oops.

Edited by tyme

Guest mcomotti

This may help too. I tried to run the “cyf.exe†on a Windows Vista and it didn’t run because of permission problems, but It run well as administrator (right button on the program icon and click “run as administratorâ€).

Note that only the application has to be run as administrator, not the webphone.

Guest ricardohf

Tyme

I found it in google.com . Try looking for “Call you Freeâ€. It shod appear in the first page. I’ve just accessed also to www.cyf.com and it is online.

Sorry but I think that we are breaking the rules of the forum talking about a windows software. My first question was about how to find out what port I should open in my box.

Sorry but I think that we are breaking the rules of the forum talking about a windows software. My first question was about how to find out what port I should open in my box.

You were asking about a Linux firewall in the Security forum, you have broken no rules. :)

Have you checked my links to that site? If so, did it help?

Guest ricardohf

Hey Greg,

I hadn't seen the posts in the forum at cyf.com when I posted this question in this forum.

Anyway thanks for your support. It helped me..

:D