drakconnect network monitoring

viking777

As I have said elsewhere, I think drakconnect is a brilliant piece of software. Of particular interest to me as a frequent user of capped internet services with high charges for exceeding the cap, one of the most useful features it has is the Network Monitoring service with which I can keep an eye on how much data I am using. What I would like to know though is does drakconnect keep a log of past connections and amount of data transferred, or is all the information lost when you shut down?

If it does have a log, then where is it?

If it does not keep a log by default, is there a way to turn this functionality on?

You could install SNMP and use MRTG on your laptop. I've got this running on a server of mine monitoring connections on a firewall as well as the performance of the server in terms of CPU utilisation, memory and network link. It might provide what you need. Does require a bit of configuration though to get it to work.

Unfortunately, I don't believe drakconnect will do this for you at least for historical data.

I set it up the other day, it wasn't too bad so if you decide to try it, I can provide a rough sample of config since I did it on Gentoo and not Mandriva, but it should work more or less the same.