removable storage drives

kilimanjaro

OK, so I messed something up, and now I can't mount any of my flash drives, or my camera. They mount through USB, and they won't even mount through the control center. I think the problem is that I changed something in the fstab, but I don't know what I should change it back to. It seems to mount my external harddrives fine, but not the flashdrives, or my camera.

kili :wall:

Well, first off, I don't know how to mount them manually with "mount -t" so I don't know if they can be.

I was messing around with my work harddrive, (ntfs-3g) and I was changing some of the settings using the control center, and afterwards none of my flashdrives, or my camera would mount.

My external harddrives seem to mount fine.

Yes automount was a terrible time in our history, I hope we have all learned an important lesson from the experience, and we can move on to a life of liberty and happiness

Edited by kilimanjaro

I was messing around with my work harddrive, (ntfs-3g) and I was changing some of the settings using the control center, and afterwards none of my flashdrives, or my camera would mount.

If you don't mention which settings you have changed, then noone will be able to help you- unless he has mantical abilities.

The old automount was not the most clever mounting scheme around, but it worked, after some fancy footwork. The new one, dbus/hal/pmount based, always works, unless one "changes some of the settings using the control center" and then it fails to sum up what he has done.

Edited by scarecrow