Perl Help Required

Info: I'm running Webmin 1.390 (the latest version) on 3 Machines, yet when I try to use the Module Config option on one of the machines I recieve this error: Undefined subroutine &main::ui_table_row called at ./config-lib.pl line 79.

I have looked at and compared the offending line with the same line in the other two /usr/libexec/webmin/config-lib.pl files and I see nothing different. I have even ensured they all have exactly the same perl modules installed, still the error remains. :unsure:

What's weird is that I'm running Mandriva 2008 free on 2 machines and PClinuxOS 2007 on another, yet it's the Mandriva machine giving me the error. And everything is up to date.

Googling comes back with nothing that helps. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. :wall:

Is there any Perl savvy users out there that can give me any assistance/advice on how to resolve this error?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

subroutine &main::ui_table_row called at ./config-lib.pl line 79. <- that line is not really the error (unless there were differences between the 3 files), the error is that it can't find the subroutine ui_table_row

Maybe try comparing the #include lines in the three files, or see if the subroutine is supposed to be in that file and is missing, or see if you can copy a good one over from the other Mandriva box, but it sure does sound like you are missing some Perl module and the error is not really in the file itself.

I would go to the Mandriva box that works and do a

rpm -qa | grep -i perl

and compare it to the same command on the broken box and try to get the same Perl RPMs installed and see if that solves the problem.

I know you said "I have even ensured they all have exactly the same perl modules installed", but that's exactly what it sounds like the problem is.

You can also try running this repair script: https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=10447

Maybe the one machine just somehow is missing some files from a pkg.

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

Thanks for your input guys. I tried what was suggested. I even took a print out from the output of rpm -qa | grep -i perl from both machines and went through it line by line. I did find 5 perl modules missing and installed them, rebooted the machine but it's still no go unfortunately. It's not a big problem as webmin still functions good enough for everyday use.

@Steve: That script is great :) Do you mind if I pass it on (with all due credits of course) to other Mandriva users that I come across?