Freeze when accessing /mnt

Guest pipplo

Guest pipplo

Hey guys i don't know if you can help me here

Whenever i try to browse /mnt in konquerer it freezes. But it's ok to view ls /mnt in the terminal, or if i type in /mnt/win_d/...So i dont' know what the problem is

This happens when i try to access it in xmms also. If i go to play directory, then browse it freezes at /mnt, but if I type in /mnt/win_d/ it doesn't freeze.

Any ideas guys? I removed the floppy line from my fstab to see if that was the problem since i dont' have a floppy installed, but no luck

Guest pipplo

Well first I removed the entire floppy entry from my fstab and so now it just stalls for a while, then it works. so it must be trying to mount even though theres no cd in it.

I guess because theres no floppy at all it was dying because it wasn't receiving any response at all.

If i remove supermount from the cdrom it seems to work just fine :)

from the output of

urpmf --description fam

fam:fam, the File Alteration Monitor, provides a daemon and an API which

applications can use to be notified when specific files or directories

are changed.

Didn't/doesn't?? NTFS cause this prob?....and do you have NTFS?

Didn't/doesn't?? NTFS cause this prob?....and do you have NTFS?

If my system is any indication here, NTFS alone does not cause any problems for me. It may take 2-3 seconds when I browse to /mnt, but it does not freeze or lock-up.

I would guess (and I really am guessing here) the missing floppy drive is the cause here. Either a supermount issue or something else expecting this drive on the system. Other than fstab, is there any other reference to the floppy that should be removed?

Guest pipplo

oh sorry guys

I thought i made it clear ;)

the problem was the floppy set as supermount, so everytime i browsed there it would try to mount the floppy, but there is none installed so it was just waiting for a response and never got one.

Once i removed the floppy mount, it no longer freezes. It takes a second or two if there is no cd in the trya, but if there is one in then it's fine