Nokia 6230

Guest yo5bdm

Mandriva 2008.0 does not recognize my mobile phone Nokia 6230. In MCC the phone appears in the Unknown tab. No module has been loaded for it. What can i do to make mandriva recognize my phone as a removable drive?

Are you connecting the phone as a bluetooth device or using a USB data-cable?

If you're using a cable and your phone is enabled as a USB storage device (which, to my knowledge the 6230 is) then you perhaps just need to mount it manually. It should show up as an sda device.

Newer phones also have multiple USB modes - my 6110 Navigator, for example, has a sync mode and a data transfer mode. If it is in sync mode, I can't mount it. So look at your phone screen when you plug it in and make sure you select the right mode.

If you're connecting with Bluetooth then things get a little more complicated, but I suspect you are using a cable?

Yes i am using a cable. Sorry but I am not verry familiar with the mount comand. :P

The phone dows not have a special mode for transfering files. I just plug it in to the usb port. no settings required

Edited by yo5bdm