MDE (Mandriva Enhanced)

Yankee

I'm fixing to do some reading on how to build RPMs. Any link to start? I may never build any but I would like to see what is involved.

The first reading i recommend you to have is this one -> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

the other link that Dexter11 refered -> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Packaging

can be more specific for Mandriva like for example rpmlint is mandriva specific.

However for a faster learning you can start downloading, install the rpm build tree and then open the *.spec files, then the doubts you have ask me in irc (freenode servers) in channel #MDE

I also was a newbie and at that time was thac that started teaching me

• 1 month later...

Not to be a stick in the mud...but MDE has almost no support and I have yet to see a difference in anything with their packaging as compared to SoS repositories.

I guess if you like flash and ricer stuff....there ya go....my .02 cents I know Ze_M will fire back but oh well.

If you cannot see the difference between the MDE and SoS repos, then I'm afraid there is not much we can talk about... and by the way, I'm not mmodem.

You need support for WHAT? Some custom made RPM's which you were offered for free, but you actually do not know what to do with them? Jeez... :P

But I do have a good suggestion for you: since you seem to like them, use the SoS RPM's, and his articulate support.

Just do not make the mistake to spell "Cooker" in his forum, or you will get banned before you can spell "gulp"...

Edited by scarecrow