Windows issues in kde

Mitchell

Hi people, question about opening windows in kde. I've just put my panel bar at the top of my screen, and when I open a window which isn't maximised, the panel covers them. I can get around this most of the time, but it's a hassle. How do I configure the windows so that unminimized windows open in the centre of the sreen? Have looked in the control centre for kde and can't find anything... Also, due to problems with the kde window decorator I'm using the gtk window decorator. Do I need to configure something in this? Thanks.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Hello Mitchell.

Open configure Panel........Hiding........check a tick in "Allow other windows to cover panel" and see if that works for you. Also try the other options and see if they achieve what you want.

Also try right clicking on a desktop, select.....Windows and select either of the two option shown ......Uncluttered.......or..........Cascade.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

KCC--> Desktop--> Window-Specific Settings. You can also open the window and place it where you want it to be, then click the icon in the top left corner of the window and go to the window specific settings. You can set the geometry, size, placement etc. If you find a window still goes all over the place or loses its size you can force it to comply!

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}